Primarily responsible for the monitoring and completing of loan exceptions including but not limited to: CIFs, loan docs, past dues, and DDAs. Handling the entire documentation workflow on consumer and commercial real estate loans from initial disclosure through closing and correspondence with all parties involved. Secondarily responsible for the preparation of other consumer and commercial loan documents, payment extensions, and modifications. Will also be responsible for booking loans into the core system after the loan documents have been executed.
- Review loan presentation for proper approval and completion, including supporting documentation.
- Correcting loan exceptions via: account research for possible misfiling, contacting 3rd party company (such as insurance companies or tax appraisal offices) via phone or online options, as a last resort we will contact the officer, so they can contact customer and request the missing documents from them directly.
- Upon receipt of missing document (exception), will need to be filed in the proper location.
- Other responsibilities will include HMDA data input and monthly balancing and reporting of SBA, Credit Life, Federal Home Loan Bank, Blanket Mortgage and booking loans.
- Determine borrower and guarantor legal classification and review appropriate entity documents.
- Ensure all pre-funding requirements and exception waivers are obtained, ensuring compliance with any pre-funding requirements.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures related to loan documents as detailed in the Loan Policy.
- Generate appropriate disclosures as required by law.
- Coordination of all required documentation preparation, data gathering and customer contact workflow through closing, including title company and attorney correspondence.
- Provide a high level of customer/branch service, timely review and competitive turnaround times for all loan closings.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Education and experience
- High school education or equivalent is required.
- 1-2 years prior experience in an administrative office support role required.
- Strong knowledge in working with loan exceptions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills are required.
- Must demonstrate a high level of attention to detail, inductive reasoning and high accuracy using computer system to enter large volume of complex information is required.
- Able to function effectively in a high volume, time sensitive environment is required.
- Must be self-educating and able to work with little direct supervision is required.
- Extensive complex Commercial RE and Consumer RE loan documentation and closeout workflow experience, including interim construction and land development is preferred.
- Previous general consumer and commercial loan experience is also preferred.
- Experience in using automated document preparation software is preferred.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word.
- Ability to communicate clearly in both written and oral forms.
- Must be highly motivated, responsible and able to work under pressure.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is essential.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to work within a team environment.
- Regular and punctual attendance is required.
Position requires extended periods of sitting and computer use.
Such duties as listed in this description are not meant to be all-inclusive and the employer reserves the right to add, alter or delete duties as seen fit, with or without notice.
Sonora Bank provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sonora Bank complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.