JOB DESCRIPTION – DATA ANALYST
This team member will develop, implement, monitor and validate MIS reporting for management, quantitative analytic models, assessments and/or applications in support of loan portfolio, finance and other support through database information sourcing through Cognos. Apply diverse methodologies and solve complex and/or undefined risk problems and create detailed and summary reports and recommendations for senior management. The position will report to the Bank’s CFO.
This team member will develop & support processes that transform raw data into meaningful and useful information for internal management, the board of directors, and external governmental agencies.
A successful candidate for this role will have background in Excel modeling, data mining, MIS reporting, and predictive data analytics. Previous experience with IBM Cognos database, banking and financial operations is preferred, but not required.
- Provide detailed and summary statistical and analytical reporting for senior management ad-hoc and on recurring schedules.
- Support our Executive Leadership team in loan portfolio concentration analysis, loss forecasting, regression analysis using internal & external benchmarks, quantifying loss given default, probability of default, corporate planning, deposit and interest rate analysis, and credit risk management, etc.
- Develop and maintain credit risk valuation models utilizing correlations, concentrations, rating migrations, and risk contributors.
- Ensure robustness of models, efficient data collection/input, and accurate and timely reporting requirements for various business units.
- Analyze internal and external information to develop analytical approaches to determining calculate the Allowance for Loan and Lease Losses (ALLL)
- Support the upcoming transition to the CECL framework with logical portfolio segmentation, model development and validation, and automated data gathering from internal and external sources.
- Develop, maintain and validate enhanced loss forecasting models for internal budget and regulatory submissions.
- Develop, maintain and validate consumer and commercial loan pricing models utilizing risk-based approaches.
- Identify new sources of actionable data, data-capture mechanisms, and means of efficient data-integration for general business use.
- Maintain large data sets using advance statistical/modeling tools and ability to pull datasets directly from source systems.
- Work with various business units to resolve and prevent data quality issues.
- Produces advanced analytical material for discussions with cross-functional teams to understand complex business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Work with CFO and Lenders to track performance metrics, understand the portfolios they oversee and the key risks affecting those portfolios
- Support the communication and reporting of results to senior leadership and presentation to Board of Directors. Put this near the top of the list
- 6-12+ months in retail/commercial finance or credit risk.
- 3+ years of experience in Statistical modeling and analysis
- 3+ years of qualitative/quantitative data analysis and reporting
- Prior experience with managing and analyzing large data sets
- Strong understanding of commercial banking and lending products including experience in loss forecasting
- Ability to communicate effectively and present analysis insights to senior management
- Strong problem solving skills
- Solid interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Solid knowledge MS Excel and database integration
- Self-starter with ability to develop processes and data input to ensure robust data collection with a willingness to develop reporting and processes from the ground up.
- Must be able to attend Cognos training and become proficient in maintaining many reports for management.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, Finance, Analytics or other similar quantitative disciplines)
Must be able to work under pressure and exhibit good sound judgment in making decisions pertaining to the overall health of the bank. Position requires extended periods of standing, sitting, and computer use. In addition, travel between branches and to customers and events may be required.
Such duties as listed in this description are not meant to be all inclusive and the employer reserves the right to add, alter, or delete duties as seen fit, with or without notice.
Sonora Bank provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sonora Bank complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.