Job Title: Operations Support / Call Center Representative
Call Center Representatives deliver quick reliable service by actively listening to customers request for service and working to troubleshoot and resolve customer issues in a timely manner. In addition, they help customers protect their accounts by reviewing suspicious activity reissuing compromised debit and credit card and maintaining confidentiality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide customer service primarily by phone to external customers by responding to balance inquiries, debit card, online banking, bill pay and deposit account questions and issues, and other requests for assistance.
• Supports the products and services of the bank by interfacing with other departments and employees in positive friendly attitude to ensure timely and effective customer service.
• Performs various operations functions and special projects as needed from time to time and assists others to complete tasks and work assignments.
• Process stop payment request, address changes, modify account profile information, etc.
• Process returned mail. Place check orders.
• Process online banking and bill pay requests.
• Process and fulfill requests for account research.
• Support internal staff regarding department products and functions.
• Responsible for Social Security Administration electronic verification of deposits.
• Assist with other Verification of Deposit request.
• Perform debit card maintenance as requested by customer and document approval.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent. Minimum of two years previous banking or customer service experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must be able to multi-task.
• Good listener, must have excellent organizational, writing, communication and telephone skills.
• Able to make decisions with minimum supervision.
• Highly reliable with the ability to maintain regular attendance and punctuality.
• Aptitude for issue identification and problem solving.
• The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where change and ambiguity are prevalent.
• An aptitude for conflict resolution and problem solving.
• The ability to demonstrate good judgement when making decisions involving account inquiries and problem resolution.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with your team and customers.
• Bilingual Spanish – Beneficial
• Ability to operate office machines and equipment, such as personal computers, printers, copy machines, fax machines, calculators, and telephones.
• Ability to communicate clearly with customers, co-workers, and others both in-person and on the telephone.
• Work activities involve combinations of sitting/standing for extended periods up to 5 hours at a time, kneeling, bending, pushing, lifting, and carrying.
• Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand and arm movement.
• Must be able to work under pressure and exhibit good judgment in making decisions pertaining to the overall health of the bank and its employees.
Duties as listed in this description are not meant to be all inclusive and the employer reserves the right to add, alter, or delete duties as seen fit, with or without notice.
Sonora Bank provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Sonora Bank complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training