Job Title: Personal Banker
Reports to: Branch Manager
Provides a friendly atmosphere to make the customer feel at ease during the interview process for opening of new deposit accounts, completing consumer loan applications, and processing cash/deposit transactions. Provides thorough information on all deposit accounts and consumer loan products that are offered and to cross-sell the Bank’s products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet customers promptly upon their arrival in the bank lobby. Conduct congenial professional interpersonal interactions with the customers throughout all transaction processes.
- Open new accounts (checking, savings, certificates of deposit and IRAs).
- Order checks for customers and make temporary checks as they are needed.
- Issue ATM cards.
- Open safe deposit boxes and provide access to boxes for customers.
- Answer phones.
- Provide customer service, answering questions about their accounts and doing research as needed.
- Helping customers with Internet Banking
- Take deposits, cash checks, and do change orders for customers.
- Work night drop deposits and mail deposits and send receipt to customer.
- Sell Cashier’s Checks, Money Orders, and Travelers checks. Balance bank checks weekly.
- Balance Cash Vault and ATM on a daily basis.
- Order savings bonds for customers and also cash them in.
- Remit customer’s Tax Deposits on a daily basis.
- New accounts input, (Loans, DDA, and Savings).
- Take stop payment information and input on system.
- Take wire transfer information and prepare Wire Transfer form for Wire Department.
- Customer service-answer phones, research and balancing customer accounts.
- Prepare CTR’s as needed for deposits and withdrawals of currency over $10,000.00.
- Prepare Compliance Audits as required by Internal Auditor.
Education and Experience
A High School diploma or equivalent.
Previous Teller or Personal Banker experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in computer usage as well as strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner and quickly assess and prioritize customer needs when handling customers that are upset or angry.
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills; including keen ability to communicate genuinely conveying respect, dignity and cheerfulness with all levels of staffing.
- Ability to coordinate with employees in multiple departments.
- Ability to use sound judgment when routing calls and giving information to callers.
- Must be highly motivated.
- Regular and punctual attendance is required.
- Knowledge and use of computers and 10-key machines.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment when taking deposits and cashing checks.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Completing assigned tasks within the deadline provided.
Must be able to work under pressure and exhibit good sound judgment in making decisions pertaining to the overall health of the bank. Position requires extended periods of standing, sitting, and computer use. In addition, travel between branches and to customers and events may be required.
Such duties as listed in this description are not meant to be all0inclusive and the employer reserves the right to add, alter, or delete duties as seen fit, with or without notice.
Sonora Bank provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sonora Bank complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.