Carry out the duties and responsibilities of a paying and receiving teller, performing each transaction or service in an efficient manner while maintaining a pleasant and courteous demeanor to promote quality relationships and customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet customers promptly upon their arrival in the bank lobby. Conduct congenial professional interpersonal interactions with the customers throughout all transaction processes.
- Take deposits, cash checks, and do change orders for customers.
- Work night drop deposits and mail deposits and send receipt to customer.
- Sell Cashier’s Checks, Money Orders, and Travelers checks. Balance bank checks weekly.
- Balance Cash Vault and ATM on a daily basis.
- Order savings bonds for customers and also cash them in.
- Remit customer’s Tax Deposits on a daily basis.
- New accounts input, (Loans, DDA, and Savings).
- Take stop payment information and input on system.
- Take wire transfer information and prepare Wire Transfer form for Wire Department.
- Customer service-answer phones, research and balancing customer accounts.
- Prepare CTR’s as needed for deposits and withdrawals of currency over $10,000.00.
- Prepare Compliance Audits as required by Internal Auditor.
- Attend Bank training and Seminars as required.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Education and Experience
A High School diploma or equivalent.
Teller experience and cash handling preferred but not required.
- Knowledge and use of computers and 10-key machines.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment when taking deposits and cashing checks.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills; including keen ability to communicate genuinely conveying respect, dignity and cheerfulness with all levels of staffing.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner and quickly assess and prioritize customer’s needs when handling customers that are upset or angry.
- Ability to coordinate with employees in multiple departments.
- Attention to detail.
- Completing assigned tasks within the deadline provided.
- Regular and punctual attendance is required.
Must be able to work under pressure and exhibit good judgment in making decisions pertaining to the overall health of the bank and its employees. Position requires extended periods of standing, some light lifting and computer use. In addition, travel between bank branches and to customers and events is required.
Physical Demands. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Such duties as listed in this description are not meant to be all-inclusive and the employer reserves the right to add, alter, or delete duties as seen fit, with or without notice.
Sonora Bank provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sonora Bank complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.